Buying medications online can save you a lot of money but you must be smart about it. Use these steps can help to ensure that you are buying from a licensed, reputable pharmacy. Not following these steps would be “rolling the dice” with your health.
1. Never order your medications from an online pharmacy that does not require a prescription. It’s against the law for a Mexican pharmacy online pharmacy to sell prescription drugs to people who don’t have prescriptions for them. Reputable online pharmacies verify each prescription they receive before filling the order.
2. Do not order from an “online pharmacy” that will provide you with a prescription based on a questionnaire and without a physical exam.
3. The pharmacy that you are buying from should have a licensed pharmacist available to answer your questions.
4. Make sure that the pharmacy lists a physical address and a toll-free number through which you can contact the pharmacy.
5. Avoid websites that sell only “lifestyle” drugs such as those drugs for treating obesity, herpes, impotence, pain and acne.
6. The pharmacy must be properly licensed in the state or province in which they operate. The pharmacies license number and the name of their licensing body should be stated prominently on their website.
7. If ordering from Canada, you can be assured that a Canadian pharmacy is a legitimate Canadian pharmacy if they carry the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA) seal and are listed on the CIPA website at [http://www.ciparx.com]. Some websites have placed the CIPA seal on their websites even though they are not members. Therefore, it is important to click on the seal and check the CIPA website to verify.
8. Look for the Better Business Bureau, Pharmacy Checker and Square Trade seals.
9. Be sure that the pharmacy’s website has a privacy and security policy.
10. Do not use websites that claim “miracle cures”, “new cures” or “cure-alls”.
Although, it can take a bit of extra time, checking out the pharmacy thoroughly is extremely important and can be very worthwhile in terms of savings. There are many incidents of supposed “online pharmacies” sending inferior or counterfeit medications to unsuspecting individuals. Legitimate pharmacies will only use high quality products and take your health very seriously. It is quite simple to take the appropriate steps to feel confident that you are receiving high-quality medications. Follow these 10 steps and you will be safe.